The Paradoxes of Creativity
I like this list of paradoxes of creativity from leading creativity thinker Michael Michalko (author of Thinkertoys).
He states that to create, a person must:
- Have knowledge but forget the knowledge.
- See unexpected connections in things but not have a mental disorder.
- Work hard but spend time doing nothing.
- Create many ideas yet most of them are useless.
- Look at the same thing as everyone else, yet see something different.
- Desire success but learn how to fail.
- Be persistent but not stubborn.
- Listen to experts but know how to disregard them.